Blue whales are the largest animals on Earth. These magnificent marine mammals reach a length of about 30 meters and weighing 150 tons or more. The blue whale consumes 4 tons of plankton a day, plunging to a depth from 100 to 500 meters and holding the breath for 10-20 minutes. In addition to its huge size, the blue whale is also one of the loudest animals. Blue whales can be heard at a distance of several thousand kilometers, and the depth from the surface of the ocean.
However, whales are massive animals, but their bodies are relatively flexible and streamlined, allowing them to travel long journey and reach speeds up to 25 mph in the event of a threat. The average life expectancy of a blue whale is around 80-90 years. The tongue of the right whale can weigh like an elephant, and a heart like a car.
- Excursion season for watching whales starts in July and continues until the end of April/beginning of May. Optional excursions are organized where the ocean and the weather are fine.
- The boat departs from Mirissa Harbor at 6.30 am. The ticket office opens at 6.00 am.
- Available in 2-harusnya boat for 50 people and a boat for 10 people. The boards are equipped with GPS navigation, life jackets, and toilet.
- You will see blue whales, bride whales, and several other species of whales, dolphins, flying fish and other marine life as well.
- The duration of the trip, usually takes 3-5 hours, but if will be difficult to find the whales, we will stay a little more up to about 7 hours.
- Comfortable and safe boat will bring you to the natural habitat of the whales, will hold a full briefing and tell about the behavior of whales.
- The price includes Breakfast: omelet, sandwiches, fried sausages, pancakes and pineapples; tea/coffee/bottle of coke and a bottle of drinking water. The fruits will served in the return trip.
- If you are seasick, recommended to take pills for seasickness one hour prior to the departure of the boat.
- Not allowed: throw food and waste in the sea. There is a trashcan on the boat.
- Not allowed to swim with whales and dolphins.
Telephone: +94 77 128 7 200.