We adhere to international rules, whale watching and protect the whales while whale watching:
- Do not too close to the whales (a good distance for shooting is a safe distance for the whales).
- Do not cross the path of the whales.
- Reduce boat speed to minimize the noise when we approach whales.
- Turn off the engine if the whales and dolphins approaching our boat.
- Passengers not allowed diving under the water to photograph whales, swim with them and touch them.
- Not throwing trash into the ocean.
For whale watching, we use new and comfortable boat for 40 passengers. You can choose your seat on the lower deck or the upper observation deck. The boat and all the passengers are insured.
The season of whales and dolphins in Mirissa
Whale watching season begins in November and ends in April. The ocean is warm and calm during these months. In the off-season from May to October, you can also see whales, but the ocean can be a storm and will not be out in the ocean.
The beginning and duration of the tour
Our vessel departs from the Mirissa Harbor at 7:00 o’clock in the morning. You have to be at the port at 6:30-6:45 am.
Tour length is 3-5 hours (depending on the occurrence of whales and wish of our passengers). After lunch in the ocean is usually not easy for whale watching.
Swimming with whales and dolphins not allowed.
Adults, children over 5 years old – $ 40 (RS 6 000).
Children 0-5 years –Free of charge.
Fishing boat from 15.00 to sunset – $ 200.
If you do not see whales, then a free trip on another day.
What is included in the price
Breakfast on Board (morning tea, sandwich, cake, fruit, water, a bite to eat on the way back), boat insurance and passengers postcard with whales, pills against seasickness.
How to find us in the Harbor
Go to the main gate of the port and 50 meters after the crossroads turn right (there is a record on a concrete wall).
Our big boat on the second pier with the inscription on the upper deck of the “Whale Watching Mirissa with GEETH”.
We recommend booking tours in advance, especially during high season (December – April). Call us 1-2 days before your desired date on our phone +94 776 376 714 (GIF). Alternatively, e-mail: email@example.com.
Do not forget to bring:
- If you have seasickness, take medication 1 hour before boarding or ask our crew seasickness medication on Board.
- Photo camera.