Mulkirigala Raja Maha Vihara is an ancient and an archaeological Buddhist temple in Mulkirigala Sri Lanka. The temple site is situated 2 km (1.2 mi) from the Mulkirigala Junction and can be reached from either Dikwella or Tangalle. It is also known as the Little Sigiriya According to the ancient chronicle Mahavamsa, the Mulkirigala temple was constructed by King Saddhatissa in the third century. After this period the temple received royal patronage by numerous successive kings. In 461-479 AD period a stupa was constructed at Mulgirigala was by King Datusena and the temple was further developed by King Kirti Sri Rajasinghe (1747-1782).